Thursday, January 14, 2010

Are you up for the challenge?


So the Hubbs and I are pretty big fans of The Biggest Loser. Normally we watch it while eating something totally not healthy or good for us. Brownies, cookies, cake; you know the "good" stuff. Well this season is a little different. Our church is participating in an international 21 day fast, the Hubbs decided to fast sweets. Hard core sweets, he's not even eating his normal breakfast of Honey Nut Cherrios. Crazy I know! He has way more willpower than I do. So while we were watching the show on Tuesday I was polishing off the container of caramel corn with mixed nuts which my wonderful MIL sent home with us. He sat there with nothing and I started feeling a little guilt mixed with a healthy dose of well if he can do it so can I. Anyways, a spot for the pound for pound challenge came on and I really got into it and started thinking about it. Maybe if I had a deadline and a cause to support I could finally get the last 10lbs (x2) of baby weight I have been holding onto for oh umm 4 years! (yes my baby will be 4 next month! doesn't seem possible...) So yes it's 20lbs total that I need to shed. I was down to only 15lbs, but darn all those Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers! 20lbs. Okay so I didn't pledge the whole 20lbs I needed a little wiggle room, 15 lbs it is. I have until June 30th to lose them and the great thing is for every pound I lose the local food bank gets a pound of food. Double good whammy! I lose weight and hungry people get to eat. I wanted to lose the weight and now someone gets to benefit from it! Love it! Thanks Biggest Loser!

Now there are a couple other reasons I wanted to lose the weight, some I will share and some I wont. Mainly our big family trip we have planned to a certain fantastically fun place in sunny Florida. Is it vain of me to say I want to look smokin' hot in a swimsuit while on Coco Beach? Well I do and I know the Hubbs will enjoy it too! I have this awesome support system through a website called Sparkpeople.com I totally recommend it. The best part it is totally free and you don't have to be a fitness guru to get it. It's for regular Joes and Janes. You can follow my weight loss journey there my user id is alley_ray.

So again I ask are you up for the challenge? Let me know and maybe we can have a friendly challenge of our own. I'm sooo gonna win though! Think you can bring it? Well I say bring it!

How's that for some smack talk! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment